- Photographer must be an amateur.
- Submissions must be an original photo.
- Photos that are entered in the contest must have been taken in southern Illinois.
- There is a $5 entry fee per photo for adults. Youth may enter 5 photos for $5.
- Entry fees are non-refundable.
- Up to 5 photos per person may be submitted.
- Photos must be printed on photo quality paper.
- Photos must be no smaller than 5 x 7 inches and no larger than 8 x 10 inches.
- Photos should be matted with mat board with a finished size no larger than 11 x 16 inches.
- No glass, frames or hangers please.
- Judges will award a first, second and third place for each category, as well as a Best in Show.
- If any category receives less than 3 entries, the judges may, at their discretion, choose to award only a first place for that category.
- Winners of the photo contest will be announced at an awards ceremony and exhibit opening reception on Sunday, November 11th. Prizes will be awarded at that time.
- Photos will be displayed at the Refuge Visitor Center November 11th – 16th, 2012. Winning photos will also be on display at the Illinois Center Mall during the remainder of November. Photos may also appear on the Friends of Crab Orchard website and be used in promotional materials.
- Non-winning photos may be picked up beginning Sunday November 11th. Photos not picked up by 4:30 PM on December 31st become the property of the Friends of Crab Orchard.
How to Enter
Photos may be submitted at the Crab Orchard NWR Visitor Center September 1st- October 1st
The Visitor Center is located 2 miles south of Route 13 on Route 148 and is open every day 8am-4:30pm.
Cash Prizes and Gift Certificates will be given for:
Best in Show, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place in each category.
Friends of Crab Orchard Refuge
Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
For more information call 998-5933